Talks in conferences, congresses and workshops
- Tiempos de primer paso en las versiones uniformizadas y los esqueletos discretos de una cadena de Markov en tiempo continuo y sus aplicaciones al modelo SIS de epidemias, by A Gómez-Corral. V Encuentro de la SMM y la RSME. CIMAT, Guanajuato, México.
- A comparative analysis between two time-discretized versions of the SIS epidemic model. Mathematical and Statistical Explorations in Disease Modelling and Public Health (DMPH 2019). ICTS, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research. Bangalore, India.
- Extreme values in SIR epidemic models with two strains and full cross-immunity. Meeting of the British Society for Immunology. Microsoft Research Cambridge. Cambridge, UK.
- Procesos LD-QBD aplicados a la propagación de epidemias. XXXVIII Congreso Nacional de Estadística e Investigación Operativa (SEIO 2019), Universitat Politècnica de València, Alcoi, España.
- Dynamics of epidemic models with two strains and cross immunity. 11th European Conference on Mathematical and Theoretical Biology. Lisbon, Portugal.
- Eventos modulados de Markov en modelos SIR de epidemias. SEIO 2017. Oviedo, Spain.
- (Invited talk) Extreme values in epidemic models with two strains of a disease. IV Workshop on Branching Processes and their Applications. Badajoz, Spain.
- Coexistence of multiple infectious agents in epidemic models and perturbation analysis of related LD-QBD processes. EUROCAST 2017, Fifteenth International Conference on Computer Aided Systems Theory. Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain.
- (Invited talk) On perturbation analysis of quasi-birth-death processes with applications to multi-type epidemic models. PiNE 2017, Probability in the North-East. Leeds, UK.
- Perturbation analysis of quasi-birth-death processes with applications to multi-type epidemic models. IV Encuentro Conjunto RSME-SMM. Valladolid, Spain.
- Stochastic epidemics with heterogeneous contacts in small networks. 5th Portuguese-Polish Workshop on Biometry. Tomar, Portugal.
- Heterogeneous infectiousness and susceptibility in a stochastic SIS epidemic model. II Workshop on Modelling and Simulation of Epidemics. Madrid, Spain.
- Heterogeneous contacts in stochastic SIS epidemic models. 18th INFORMS Applied Probability Conference. Istanbul, Turkey.
- On maximum population sizes in two-species competition processes. The 2014 Joint Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society for Mathematical Biology and the Society for Mathematical Biology. Osaka, Japan.
- Control strategies for a stochastic model of host-parasite interaction in a seasonal environment. DSABNS 2013, Third Workshop on Dynamical Systems Applied to Biology and Natural Sciences. Lisbon, Portugal.
- Control strategies for host-macroparasite models. Annual Meeting and Conference of the Society for Mathematical Biology. Tempe, Arizona.
- Stochastic models of host-parasite interaction in a seasonal environment. International Conference on Models in Population Dynamics and Ecology – MPDE’13. Osnabrück, Germany.
- Maximum population sizes in host-parasite models. DSABNS 2012, Third Workshop on Dynamical Systems Applied to Biology and Natural Sciences. Lisbon, Portugal.
- Maximum queue lengths in multiserver retrial queues. 9th International Workshop on Retrial Queues. Seville, Spain.
- Maximum number of individuals alive during an extinction cycle in a two-species competition process. BIOMATH 2011 – International Conference on Mathematical Methods and Models in Biosciences. Sofia, Bulgaria.
- On the extinction times and the size of the surviving species in a two-species competition process. 16th INFORMS Applied Probability Conference. Stockholm, Sweden.
- Equilibrium and socially optimal strategies in the M/G/1 queue with vacations. EURO Conference 2010. Lisbon, Portugal.
- Optimal balking strategies in the single-server queue with vacations. Modern Stochastics: Theory and Applications II. Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Maximum number of blocked terminals and number of collisions in p-persistent CSMA/CD protocols. EURO Conference 2009. Bonn, Germany.
- Maximum number of blocked terminals and number of collisions in slotted CSMA/CD channels. SPO 2009 – The Pyrenees International Workshop on Statistics, Probability and Operations Research. Jaca, Spain.
- On the applicability of the number of collisions in p-persistent CSMA/CD protocols. Second Meeting of the EURO Working Group on Stochastic Modeling. Istanbul, Turkey.
- On the applicability of the number of collisions in p-persistent CSMA/CD protocols. Seventh International Workshop on Retrial Queues. Athens, Greece.
- A.B. Clarke’s tandem queue revisited. Analysis of sojourn times. XIIth Applied Stochastic Models and Data Analysis International Conference 2007. Chania, Greece.
- On a batch Markovian arrival process subject to renewal catastrophes. 14th Applied Probability Society INFORMS Conference 2007. Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
- The Geo/Geo/c retrial queue: An algorithmic analysis. Sixth International Workshop on Retrial Queues. Miraflores de la Sierra, Madrid, Spain.
- Inter-departure times in a tandem G-queue with blocking. International Conference of Computational Methods in Sciences and Engineering 2006. Chania, Greece.
- The impact of self-generation of priorities on multi-server queues with finite capacity. Fifth International Conference on Matrix Analytic Methods in Stochastic Models. Pisa, Italy.
- (Invited talk) Bulk-service finite-buffer retrial queues. 5th International Workshop on Retrial Queues. TMRC, Korea University, Seoul, Korea.
- A tandem network with blocking and a Markovian arrival process of disasters. 1st Madrid Conference on Queueing Theory. Madrid, Spain.
- (Invited talk) Analysis of a tandem queue with blocking and a MAP of disasters. International Conference on Stochastic Modelling. Cochin, India.
- Numerical analysis of multiserver retrial queues operating under a full access rule from the theory of continuous-time Markov processes of GI/M/1 type. 3rd International Workshop on Retrial Queues. Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Numerical analysis of multiserver retrial queues operating under a full access policy. Third International Conference on Matrix Analytic Methods in Stochastic Models. Leuven, Belgium.
- An algorithmic method for M/G/1 queues with negative arrivals and repeated attempts. Prague Stochastics’98. Prague, Czech Republic.
- Single-server retrial queues with negative arrivals. A regenerative approach. 1st International Workshop on Retrial Queues. Madrid, Spain.
- Some retrial queue graphs useful in maintenance management. European Workshop and Round Table on Maintenance Management. Lisbon, Portugal.
- A numerically stable recursive scheme to compute the limiting probabilities in M/G/1 clearing systems with repeated attempts. COMPSTAT’96, XII Symposium on Computational Statistics. Barcelona, Spain.
- (Invited talk) On single-server queues governed by a clearing mechanism and a secondary input of repeated attempts. International Conference on Stochastic Processes. Cochin, India.
Seminars & courses
- Simulación de datos para predicción de eventos climatológicos extremos y otros eventos de interés en Epidemiología, jointly with Fátima Palacio Rodríguez. Ciclo de Seminarios del Centro Nacional de Epidemiología, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Madrid, Spain. Febrero 2020.
- Stochastic Models and Applications. SPOR Seminars & Courses, ICMAT, Madrid, Spain. January-February 2016.
- On the use of stochastic tools in genetics and epidemiology, jointly with M González Velasco. CorBi Foundation, A Coruña, Spain. July-August 2016.
- Heterogeneous contacts in stochastic SIS epidemics. BCAM Basque Center for Applied Mathematics, Bilbao, Spain. April 2015.
- Modelización Markoviana de epidemias con individuos heterogéneos. Departamento de Matemática Aplicada, UNED, Madrid, Spain. May 2015.
- An overview of retrial queues. Center for Mathematics and its Applications, IST-Technical University of Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal. December 2008.
- Sojourn times in tandem queues with blocking through times until absorption in QBD processes. Department of Mathematics, University of Athens, Athens, Greece. September 2005.
- Redes de colas con bloqueo analizadas a través de técnicas analítico-matriciales. Departament of Statistics and OR, Complutense University of Madrid, Madrid, Spain. January 2004.
- Numerical methods in the analysis of multiserver retrial queues. Laboratoire de Mathématiques Appliquées, Université de Pau et des Pays de l’Adour, Pau, France. October 2003.